[Gluster-users] How to use gluster for WAN/Data Center replication

anthony garnier sokar6012 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 09:40:19 UTC 2011

Hi,
The GSLB+RR is especially usefull for nfs client in fact, for gluster client, it's just for volfile.
The process to remove node entry from DNS is indeed manual, we are looking for a way to do it automaticaly, maybe with script....
What do you mean by "How do you ensure that a copy of file in one site definitely is saved on other site as well?"
Servers from replica1 and 2 are mixed between  the 2 datacenter,
Replica pool 1 : Brick 1,2,3,4
Replica pool 2 : Brick 5,6,7,8

Datacenter 1 : Brick 1,2,5,6
Datacenter 2 : Brick 3,4,7,8

In this way, each Datacenter got 2 replica of the file. Each Datacenter could be independent if there is a Wan interruption.

Regards,
Anthony