[Gluster-users] Geo-rep failing

Csaba Henk csaba at gluster.com
Mon Jun 27 22:23:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

This means that the geo-replication indexing ("xtime" extended attributes)
has gone inconsistent. If these xattrs wasn't tampered with by an outside
actor  (ie. anything that is not the gsyncd process spawned upon the
"geo-replication start", and its children), then this happens if the clock
of the master box (more precisely, any brick which belongs to the master
volume) is set backwards. In that case the whole indexing is gone corrupt
and to fix it, you should reset the index with

# gluster volume set <master volume> geo-replication.indexing off
# gluster volume set <master volume> geo-replication.indexing on

(for this you should first stop geo-rep sessions with <master volume> as
master; they can be restarted after the index reset). The side effect of
this operation is that a full rsync-style synchronization will be performed
once, ie. files will be checked if match by means of a two-side checksum.

Regards,
Csaba