[Gluster-users] Glusterfs Distribute Issue

Amar (ಅಮರ್ ತುಂಬಳ್ಳಿ) amarts at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:30:06 UTC 2011

Any reason for not using glusterd and CLI ?
Please use the cli to create volumes.
 On Jun 22, 2011 6:39 PM, "sonali.gupta" <sonali.gupta at 99acres.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I m using glusterfs 3.2.0. I had configured a 2 node distributed storage
> system.
>
> The server configuration file on both storage nodes is :
> volume posix
> type storage/posix
> option directory /data/export
> end-volume
>
> volume locks
> type features/locks
> subvolumes posix
> end-volume
>
> volume brick
> type performance/io-threads
> option thread-count 8
> subvolumes locks
> end-volume
>
> volume server
> type protocol/server
> option transport-type tcp
> option auth.addr.brick.allow *
> subvolumes brick
> end-volume
>
> The client configuration file is:
> volume remote1
> type protocol/client
> option transport-type tcp
> option remote-host x.y.z.q # IP of remote server, e.g. the mirror
> option remote-subvolume brick
> end-volume
>
> volume remote2
> type protocol/client
> option transport-type tcp
> option remote-host q.w.e.r # IP of remote server, e.g. the mirror
> option remote-subvolume brick
> end-volume
>
> volume distribute-1
> type cluster/distribute
> subvolumes remote1 remote2
> end-volume
>
> the df -h command shows the combined memory.
> However while putting the files through mount point; all the files are
> always directed to the storage node remote 1 all the time.
> Please let me know what should be the correct configuration in order to
> make distribute work.
>
> Regards,
> Sonali.
>
> DISCLAIMER
> This email is intended only for the person or the entity to whom it is
addressed and may contain information which is confidential and privileged.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or any other use of the said
information by person or entities other than intended recipient is
unauthorized and prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete this email and contact the sender.