[Gluster-users] Mounting a volume - isolating directories = Stumped.

thomas liakos tliakos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:34:31 UTC 2011

As so far I have 15 servers feeding data to my four node Gluster-FS
(cluster), at this current time all of my scripts are faceted to mount
the volume and move data into its directory, only issue I see with
this is that half of these clients should not be able to go one level
back from its 'home' directory when transfering data - I wanted to see
if there was a way to isolate these specified clients to mount the
volume to their specified directories without having to cd two
directories deep...

ex:
mount - t glusterfs servnode001.b.c:/GFSVOLUME00 /mnt/backups
$ > ls
dir1/ dir2/ dir3/

$ > cd dir3/
$ > ls
data... data...

This is disconcerting for me since I do not want servers to have full
access...I've attempted to look at permissions, and have yet to find
anything...

Care to shine some light for me?

Thanks,

--