[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.2.0 and ucarp not working

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Wed Jun 8 06:13:06 UTC 2011

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 at 1:30am, Craig Carl wrote

> Matus -
>   If you are using the Gluster native client (mount -t glusterfs ...)
> then ucarp/CTDB is NOT required and you should not install it. Always
> use the real IPs when you are mounting with 'mount -t glusterfs...'.

Hrm.  That wasn't my understanding.  Say my fstab line looks like this:

192.168.2.100:/distrep   /mnt/distrep   glusterfs   defaults,_netdev   0 0

Now, let's say that at mount time 192.168.2.100 is down.  How does the
Gluster native client know which other IP addresses to contact to get the
volume file?  Is there a way to put multiple hosts in the fstab line?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin