[Gluster-users] single or multiple bricks per server

Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov
Fri Jul 1 19:59:36 UTC 2011

gluster-users-bounces at gluster.org wrote on 07/01/2011 02:57:04 PM:

> > 200 volumes x 1 brick x 5 servers, that is 200 processes per server.
Up
> > 200 ports per client.  Very doable, seems to be working great for us.
>
> simple math correction... "Up to 1000 ports per client"

last correction i'm dropping it after this:

each client would be going against 1 volume... so technically that would
just be 5 ports per client :)

so for that matter my calculation of the client side were probably horribly
flawed on any that had more than 1 volume listed.  divide what I said by
the number of volumes and it should be right.

-greg