[Gluster-users] Setup gluster 3.1.2 ok but probe fails

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Mon Jan 17 22:02:27 UTC 2011

After a couple years I'm back looking at glusterfs again for a new project.

I downloaded, compiled and installed glusterfs 3.1.2 from tarball.  I
did this on 2 ec2 servers.

Everything compiled and installed fine.  I started the daemon on both
servers and then on the primary server I tried to do a probe:

    sudo gluster peer probe 10.XXX.58.95
    (just hangs)
    ^C
    sudo gluster peer probe status
    Number of Peers: 1

    Hostname: 10.XXX.58.95
    Uuid: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
    State: Establishing Connection (Disconnected)

So I detached the peer and tried again.  Same result.

The 2 servers are in the same security group.  I can ping between the 2
servers on the internal IP's without a problem.

What am I missing here?

Regards,
Gerry