[Gluster-users] Gluster and Read-Only Disks

Mohammed Junaid junaid at gluster.com
Wed Aug 10 04:31:18 UTC 2011

Currently its not possible to mount GlusterFS that has a read-only export
point because the server processes check for extended attribute support in
the filesystem by creating a dummy extended attribute (which is removed just
after creating it), since the export point is mounted read-only the setting
of extended attribute fails and the process exits.