[Gluster-users] mysql regression tests fail with gluster 3.1.3

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Wed Apr 13 00:32:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 05:00:20PM -0700, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> BTW: Gluster is not meant to be used with databases.

What's your source on that? Can you point to anything in the Gluster docs
which say this? (I've searched. I don't find it.) What's the rationale? Why
specifically should databases be incompatible with the file system? What
other uses would be "not meant" for Gluster?

And does this apply, if it does at all, to all configurations of Gluster?
That is, if it's replicating over a dedicated link between two servers with
decently fast drives, is is still a problem? (DRBD does fine in that setup,
why wouldn't Gluster?) Or is it only a problem if, say, you've got a Gluster
FS distributed over N computers, where N is a number higher than some
threshold?

Whit