[Gluster-users] Replication Issue

Jenn Fountain jfountai at comcast.net
Wed Sep 22 20:11:40 UTC 2010

I have a  directory that is about 1 GB worth of JPG images.  When I add a new server into the configuration, it starts to replicate everything but copies only a few files in this directory and then stops.  I ultimately have to rsync that directory from another box. Any thoughts of what is going on here? I cannot seem to google the answer. thank you!

Here are my configs:

cat glusterfs.vol
### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume of server1
volume brick1
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host x.x.x.x   # IP address of the remote brick
 option ping-timeout 10            # seconds to wait for a reply
 option transport.socket.nodelay on
 option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume of server2
volume brick2
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host x.x.x.x    # IP address of the remote brick
 option ping-timeout 10            # seconds to wait for a reply
 option transport.socket.nodelay on
 option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume of server2
volume brick3
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host  x.x.x.x    # IP address of the remote brick
 option ping-timeout 10            # seconds to wait for a reply
 option transport.socket.nodelay on
 option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

#The replicated volume with data
volume replicate
 type cluster/replicate
 # optionally but useful if most is reading
 # !!!different values for box a and box b!!!
 # option read-subvolume remote1
 # option read-subvolume remote2
 subvolumes brick1 brick2 brick3
 option favorite-child brick1
end-volume

### Performance translators below

### Add IO-Cache feature
volume iocache
  type performance/io-cache
  option cache-size 1000MB        # default is 32MB
  option cache-timeout 1                 # default is 1 second
  subvolumes replicate
end-volume

### Add writeback feature
volume writeback
  type performance/write-behind
  option cache-size 500MB     # default is equal to aggregate-size
  option flush-behind off      # default is 'off'
                # too aggressive and slow background flush!
                # do not enable for php sessions behaviour
  subvolumes iocache
end-volume

### Add quick-read for small files
volume quickread
  type performance/quick-read
  option cache-timeout 1         # default 1 second
  option max-file-size 256KB        # default 64Kb
  subvolumes writeback
end-volume

### Add io-threads for parallel requisitions
volume iothreads
  type performance/io-threads
  option thread-count 16 # default is 16
  subvolumes quickread
end-volume

cat glusterfsd.vol
# file: /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-server.vol

volume posix
  type storage/posix
  option directory /home/root
end-volume

volume locks
  type features/locks
  option mandatory-locks on
  subvolumes posix
end-volume

volume iothreads
  type performance/io-threads
  option thread-count 16 # default is 16
  subvolumes locks
end-volume

volume writebehind
  type performance/write-behind
  option cache-size 1000MB    # default is equal to aggregate-size
  option flush-behind off    # default is 'off'
  subvolumes iothreads
end-volume

volume brick
  type performance/io-cache
  option cache-timeout 1        # default is 1 second
  subvolumes writebehind
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server