[Gluster-users] strange owners issue? ownership reset by the other gluster node

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Tue Sep 14 22:44:02 UTC 2010

On Sep 14, 2010, at 1:59 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> On 14.09.2010 22:56, Douglas Stanley wrote:
>
>> Odd, on my 10.04 box, the version is only 3.0.2. Where'd you get a
>> 3.0.5 version? I've seen that in debian testing, but not in ubuntu
>> 10.04 yet.
>
> http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.0/LATEST/Ubuntu/

Thomas,

It looks like replicate's self-heal reverted the directory's permissions. This is because the default value of the option that controls whether Gluster keeps track of changes to ownership/permissions is off. This is a bug, and is being fixed in the next release. For now, please use this option in your client volume file so that Gluster keeps track of attributes properly.

option metadata-change-log on
option metadata-lock-server-count 1

Vikas Gorur
Engineer - Gluster, Inc.