[Gluster-users] How to know which gfs-server one file is located to? (bonn deng)

bonn deng bonndeng at gmail.com
Fri May 7 02:01:07 UTC 2010

    Hello, does anybody know where I can get to know about the hash
algorithm with which gfs distribute files to different servers? Thanks~

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 14:31:53 +0800
From: bonn deng <bonndeng at gmail.com>
Subject: [Gluster-users] How to know which file is located to which
       gfs-server?
To: gluster-users at gluster.org

   Hello, we're now using  glusterfs 3.0.3, and we have over 100 nodes in
the gfs cluster. Now we encountered one problem: we plan to sync some files
to gfs every 5 minutes, but sometimes we found a few files cannot be
transfered to gfs correctly, so we want to locate the server on which the
problem occurred--now, here's the question, how can I know one certain file
is located to which gfs-server? (considering we have over 100 nodes, looking
up one by one would not be a good idea...) Thanks in advance for your help~