[Gluster-users] Revisit: FORTRAN Codes and File I/O

Harshavardhana harsha at gluster.com
Wed Jun 30 04:45:16 UTC 2010

On 06/29/2010 04:36 PM, Brian Smith wrote:
> It's obviously been a while since I brought this issue up, but it has
> cropped up again for us.  We're now on 3.0.3 and I've included my
> glusterfs*.vol files below.  We end up with file i/o errors like the
> ones below:
>
> forrtl: File exists
> forrtl: severe (10): cannot overwrite existing file, unit 18,
> file /work/b/brs/vdWSi/CHGCAR
>
> Even if the file existed, it shouldn't really be a problem.  Other file
> systems work just fine.  I'll get some more verbose logging going and
> share my output.  glusterfsd.vol is the same in the referenced e-mails
> below.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Brian

Hi Brian,

      We would need debug or trace logs from the client side? . This
seems to be a race and i assume you are using "vasp" application which
creates the file CHGCAR, DOSCAR etc files.
Since we don't have vasp in house, would you mind opening a bug at
http://bugs.gluster.com/
and also "trace" logs from the client side attached with it.

Regards

--
Harshavardhana
Gluster Inc - http://www.gluster.com