[Gluster-users] Upgrading from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5

vishal.ud vishal.ud at directi.com
Thu Jul 22 15:45:08 UTC 2010

upgrading to glusterfs 3.05 did give us some oplock issues when mounting
samba volumes where Ms Office clients could not read files mounted using
gluster . we reverted back to 3.0.4 and things worked fine .

On Wednesday 21 July 2010 11:07 PM, Joe Warren-Meeks wrote:
> I've done just this in our integration environment and our production
> environment.
>
> I halted my application on the first server, unmounted the filesystem,
> halted glusterfsd, upgraded it, restarted glustersfd and mounted the
> filesystem. I checked that read/writes were fine and then brought it
> back into service.
>
> I left this for 24 hours, then repeated the process on the secondary
> node.
>
> You shouldn't have any problems.
>
>   -- joe.

*Vishal Uderani*
Sr Systems Engineer
Email: vishal.ud at directi.com <mailto:vishal.ud at directi.com>
Twitter: vishal_ud <http://www.twitter.com/vishal_ud>
The System Engineering team truly values your important feedback . For
any comments/suggestions and escalations please contact Aliasgar
Rajkotwala <mailto:aliasgar.r at directi.com>
For any Internal IT related issues or queries please write to IT Support
<mailto:it.support at directi.com>