[Gluster-users] Migrate from an NFS storage to GlusterFS

Olivier Le Cam Olivier.LeCam at crdp.ac-versailles.fr
Tue Feb 16 08:10:36 UTC 2010

Hi -

I already have an NFS server in production which shares Web data for a
4-node Apache cluster. I'd like to switch to GlusterFS.

Do I have to copy the files from the NFS storage to a GlusterFS one, or
may it work if I just install GlusterFS on that server, configuring a
GFS volume to the existing storage directory (assuming, of course, the
NFS server is shuuted down and not used anymore), then ls -lR?

Thanks,
--
Olivier Le Cam
Département des Technologies de l'Information et de la Communication