[Gluster-users] NFS mount with AIX, Solaris, HP-UX

anthony garnier sokar6012 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 14:28:13 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I currently running the 3.1.2qa2 version on glusterFS and I'm still unable to mount GlusterFS directory on Solaris, AIX and HP-UX client contrary to Linux clients who work well.

There is no other nfs server running on my glusterFS server and client, rpcbind is started, "showmount -e" on servers show correct output AND it's working fine on linux client.

I'm using the command bellow :

Solaris 10
cmd : mount -o proto=tcp,vers=3 nfs://ylal3020:38467:/athena /users/glusterfs_mnt
error : command work but when I'm trying to access a file from the mount point (cat,tar...) I got " Input/output error"

AIX
cmd : mount -o proto=tcp,port=38467 ylal3020:/athena /users/glusterfs_mnt
error : command work but when I'm trying to access a file from the mount point (cat,tar...) I got " Input/output error"

HP-UX 11.11
cmd : mount -F nfs -o proto=tcp,port=38467 ylal3020:/athena /users/glusterfs_mnt
error : nfs mount: get_fh: ylal3020:: RPC: Program not registered
nfs mount: get_fh: ylal3020:: RPC: Program not registered
nfs mount: retry: retrying(1) for: /users/glusterfs_mnt after 5 seconds
=> strange because rpcbind is up.

Does someone have the same issue ?

Thx for your help.

Extract of config :

Volume Name: athena
Type: Distributed-Replicate
Number of Bricks: 2 x 2 = 4
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: ylal3020:/users/exp1
Brick2: yval1010:/users/exp3
Brick3: ylal3030:/users/exp2
Brick4: yval1000:/users/exp4
Options Reconfigured:
diagnostics.client-log-level: DEBUG
diagnostics.brick-log-level: DEBUG
performance.cache-min-file-size: 1KB
performance.cache-max-file-size: 200MB
network.ping-timeout: 5
performance.cache-size: 1GB
performance.write-behind-window-size: 512MB