[Gluster-users] Is there a way to prevent file deletion by accident?

John Li jli at jlisbz.com
Sun Aug 15 17:03:49 UTC 2010

Yes. Here is the brief overview.

My client is trying to build a box.net type of service. Since the documents
are so important for the service and they have a team of not very skilled
engineers, how to prevent system admins to delete the file by accident is a
very specific requirement of the underling file system/service. GIT is not
considered the better option because there is no way to get back anything if
someone just delete the files from OS level.

Because it's still in very early stage of the project, there is not much
requirement yet. So I figure the purpose of the project may help you
understand where all the requirement is from. We are very open for ideas,
suggestions and what's the industry's best practice as well.

Hope someone can point me to some better options.

Thanks a lot in advance.

--
John