[Gluster-users] gluster brings down freebsd network interface

Wei Dong wdong.pku at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 12:36:46 UTC 2009

Yes, only the ethernet interface connected to the gluster machines is
down and everything else works.  There's a "em0 watchdog timeout" line
on the screen and log, and even if I restart the network subsystem the
interface remains down.  This is not a bug of glusterfs though, but
glusterfs must have done something special at startup to trigger the bug.

Also I'm wondering if it's possible to run only one instance of
glusterfsd to serve both as a server and as a client.

Thanks,

- Wei