[Gluster-users] LVM with GlusterFS on top

Steve steeeeeveee at gmx.net
Thu Oct 22 18:24:00 UTC 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:10:47 -0400
> Von: Keith Meyer <kmeyer at crystalink.net>
> An: "gluster-users at gluster.org" <gluster-users at gluster.org>
> Betreff: [Gluster-users] LVM with GlusterFS on top

> Hello,

Hallo Keith,

> A while back I saw that LVM with GlusterFS was still to be tested. Has
> anyone has success with this yet?

What do you mean with "LVM with GlusterFS"? You can't format a drive/partition with GlusterFS. One uses GlusterFS to export an already formatted drive/partition to be available over GlusterFS. That's it.

In my setup I have:
local disc/partition -> File System (in my case XFS) -> GlusterFS

And this works without issues.

> Thanks,
> Keith

Steve