[Gluster-users] mmap() shared read/write support - exists with FUSE 2.8.1 and GlusterFS 2.0.7 on kernel RHEL5 kernel 2.6.18-164?

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Wed Oct 14 19:15:19 UTC 2009

I have been doing a lot of reading and re-learning about FUSE over the
last week as I have been setting up GlusterFS in our dev environment.
I cannot seem to get mmap() support to work.  This is my set up:

* RHEL5 / CentOS5
* FUSE 2.8.1
* GlusterFS 2.0.7
* RHEL5 kernel 2.6.18-164 (RHEL5.3, CentOS 5.3)
* fuse.ko built from kernel source

I continually get this when trying to use rrdtool to create or update
RRD files on a shared front end:

ERROR: mmaping file
'/data/nagios/pnp/db/nagios-report/Test_2_-_192.168.79.132.rrd': No
such device

I can create and replicate files through scripts or vi/vim just fine
on my two front end two back end cluster.

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong or if this is just a
configuration / version mix that plain does not suppport mmap shared
write access?  Any pointers / tips / advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Max