[Gluster-users] AFR problems with 1.4qa63

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Sat Nov 22 09:21:02 UTC 2008

I'm running 1.4.0qa63

it seems that the problems I reported long ago are still present.

so I have 2 nodes AFR'ing eachother.

when one is offline the other basically doesn't work.

I get  error log entries with (Invalid Argument) for any file which
doesn't exists when it does a lookup.

this is a problem for the webserver because it tries to find a
.htaccess file.. and instead of being told by gluster it doesn't
exist, it produces some error, and so apache reports back
forbidden  until the other server goes back online.

if I change the AFR brick to NOT include the other server, and
remount then all is well in the world, but if the other (offline)
server is in the afr subvolumes list then I get this problem.

also, I'm noticing a LOT of messages on both servers about impunging
and expunging directories.  this seems to be happening a lot more
frequently than makes sense, but I dont know what this does really
but I know that sometimes this takes a VERY long time and things
timeout.  (mostly on large directories).