[Gluster-users] FUSE

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Thu Nov 13 18:43:10 UTC 2008

, 07 lis 2008, 15:35:48 +0530, Anand Avati napisał(a):
> >    Most of us use 2.7.3glfs10
>
>Is this module only or library or both?
>

>Am guessin' it's both.
>
>Am afraid that FUSE can be the culprit for
>potential bugs in GlusterFS. It'd be best if
>there's a recommended and standardised use of a particular FUSE version.

I believe he was telling you that 2.7.3glfs10 is
the recommended and standardised FUSE version.

you can download it form gluster's website.

I'd prefer gluster work with the latest version
that's distributed with the operating systems.
but gluster doesn't seem to play well with fuse 2.7.4 which I see as a problem.
the dev's need to start testing with the latest
version of FUSE, because presumably it fixes bugs
that are present in 2.7.3 and possibly has other enhancements.

locking us into an older version , even if it's "optimized" isn't a good idea.