[Gluster-users] Questions about snapshots

Varun vrn.shastry at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 00:37:41 UTC 2024

Hi Stefan,

I'm not sure which doc are you referring to? It would help if you can share
it.

I would start looking at the barrier translator in
xlators/features/barrier. Initially it is designed to block all the ops
that modify the underlying file system from acknowledging the client. The
list of file system operations that needs to be blocked should be listed
here
<https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/87ec6483324d76071f27cfa83e0a644e4a38ec41/xlators/features/barrier/src/barrier.c#L747-L761>
.

WARNING: My knowledge is like a decade old. This information is to the best
of my memory. A very brief quick look at the git log of xlators/barrier
tells me no major changes.

So, in any case I would just read the code for barrier translator unless
the current maintainer can answer this.

Varun