[Gluster-users] Rebuilding a failed cluster

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Wed Nov 29 21:58:51 UTC 2023

Much depends on the original volume layout. For replica volumes you'll
find multiple copies of the same file on different bricks. And sometimes
0-byte files that are placeholders of renamed files: do not overwrite a
good file with its empty version!
If the old volume is still online, it's better if you copy from its FUSE
mount point to the new one.
But since it's a temporary "backup", there's no need to use another
Gluster volume as the destination: just use a USB drive directly
connected to the old nodes (one at a time) or to a machine that can
still FUSE mount the old volume. Once you have a backup, write-protect
it and experiment freely :)

Diego