[Gluster-users] Gluster Geo replication

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Fri Nov 3 13:04:33 UTC 2023

We are revisiting geo-replication on some Centos7 systems running 3.8 so
I am not sure this observation will help with something newer.

But we were getting burned by the systems connect locally using ::1 as
the localhost as opposed to 127.0.0.1.

This was caused by the hosts file having an IPv6 localhost line.

On 2023-11-03 06:13, Aravinda wrote:
> While creating the Geo-replication session it mounts the secondary
> Volume to see the available size. To mount the secondary volume in
> Primary, port 24007 and 49152-49664 of the secondary volume needs to
> be accessible from the Primary (Only in the node from where the
> Geo-rep create command is executed). This need to be changed to use
> SSH(bug). Alternatively use georep setup tool from
> https://github.com/aravindavk/gluster-georep-tools. This tool only
> uses Port 22 of SSH.
>
> Once the Geo-rep session is created, all the communication and the
> data transfer happens via SSH(Default port: 22).
>
> Aravinda
> Kadalu Technologies
> https://kadalu.tech
>

> ---- On Tue, 31 Oct 2023 08:40:17 +0530 *dev devops
> <dev.devops12 at gmail.com>* wrote ---
>
>     Hi All,
>     What are the ports needed to be opened for Gluster Geo replication
>     ? We have a very closed setup, I could gather below info, does all
>     of these ports need to be open on master and slave for inter
>     communication or just 22 would work since it's using the rsync
>     over ssh for actual data push ?
>     *•**Port 22 (TCP):* Used by SSH for secure data communication in
>     Geo-replication.
>     *•**Port 24007 (TCP):* Used by the Gluster daemon (glusterd) for
>     management and to intercommunicate with other glusterd instances.
>     *•**Ports 24008 & 24009 (TCP):* Used for GlusterFS data and
>     metadata operations.
>     *•**Port 49152 to 49664 (TCP):* Used by GlusterFS for client
>     connections.
>     I see some monitoring happening on the tcp ports for slave volume,
>     is this communication secure ?
>     ________
>

>     Community Meeting Calendar:
>
>     Schedule -
>     Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
>     Bridge: https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk
>     Gluster-users mailing list
>     Gluster-users at gluster.org
>

> ________
>

> Community Meeting Calendar:
>
> Schedule -
> Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
> Bridge:https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk

Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin at netvel.net               ||