[Gluster-users] Gluster client version vs gluster server

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 18:15:23 UTC 2023

Hi,
In gluster the servers can run with newer version in a backward compatibility mode - a.k.a op-version.Check this article and ensure that client op version is not smaller than the cluster one.https://docs.gluster.org/en/v3/Upgrade-Guide/op_version/ .In best scenario, just download the packages from gluster’s repo and ensure all clients and servers have the same version.
Also, you can build your own rpms by following https://docs.gluster.org/en/main/Developer-guide/Building-GlusterFS/  if you don’t want the precompiled binaries: https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/

Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov