[Gluster-users] .glusterfs is over 900GB

Tim King-Kehl twking-k at up.com
Mon Aug 14 15:49:05 UTC 2023

Hey y'all, got a weird one for you.

I am unfortunately supporting this really weird Gluster volume, where it's a single-brick/single-node volume that has many files written every minute to it. Its very suboptimal, but I'm kind of stuck with it until the application team migrates off Linux 5 (yes... I know). gluster-server is running version 6.10, gluster-client is mounting via NFS as 3.6 is not compatible with gluster-server 6.10.

Anyways, the actual content of the volume is maybe a total of 15GB, but the .glusterfs directory is over 900GB, full of backups of the files? I feel that it's probably related to being unable to self-heal because it's only one volume, but then these files still just live out there.

Can I safely delete them? Should I be doing something else? Do I just deal with it until I can get the client server off Linux 5?

Thanks!

Tim King-Kehl

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.