[Gluster-users] Right way to use community Gluster on genuine RHEL?

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 15:45:51 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 6:34 PM Thomas Cameron <
thomas.cameron at camerontech.com> wrote:

> On 7/18/22 09:18, Péter Károly JUHÁSZ wrote:
> > The best would be officially pre built rpms for RHEL.
>
> Where are there official Red Hat Gluster 10 RPMs for RHEL?

There's no such thing. Let's not confuse the upstream Gluster project and
Red Hat product - RHGS (Red Hat Gluster Storage), which has a different
version[1] and lifecycle[2] than the project.
Red Hat does not build upstream project official RPMs for RHEL.

That being said, I'm somewhat surprised the CentOS RPMs don't work on RHEL
- is that indeed the case?
Y.

[1] https://access.redhat.com/solutions/543123
[2] https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/rhs