[Gluster-users] Glusterfs as databse store

Alex K rightkicktech at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 14:53:55 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am considering to setup database services on top GlusterFS.
The databases would be mariadb or postgresql. I would add later influxdb.
I was wondering if it is a good idea to use glusterfs as a database
storage, so as to achieve simple high availability without  configuring DB
replication. I can configure in this way a simple active/passive cluster
where the DB service would run only one one node at a time. I would prefer
gluster for its simplicity vs DRBD.

Reading from the docs i see that this is not recommended?

https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/Install-Guide/Overview/

Q+++
Gluster does not support so called “structured data”, meaning live, SQL
databases. Of course, using Gluster to backup and restore the database
would be fine
+++Q

In case one could use glusterfs, what gluster perf options are recommended
to enable so as to avoid performance issues?

Thanx for any ideas and tips,
Alex