[Gluster-users] Return previously broken server to gluster cluster

Marcus Pedersén marcus.pedersen at slu.se
Tue Nov 3 21:00:14 UTC 2020

Hello all,
I have a gluster cluster like this:

Volume Name: gds-home
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 3d9d7182-47a8-43ac-8cd1-6a090bb4b8b9
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 1 x (2 + 1) = 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: urd-gds-021:/urd-gds/gds-home
Brick2: urd-gds-022:/urd-gds/gds-home
Brick3: urd-gds-020:/urd-gds/gds-home (arbiter)
Options Reconfigured:
features.barrier: disable
storage.fips-mode-rchecksum: on
transport.address-family: inet
nfs.disable: on
performance.client-io-threads: off

Brick 1 and 2 are both configured the same way.
The have a separate OS disk and the rest of the disks are all in one raid.
On top of this is a thin lvm created and the gluster brick lies on the lvm.
On brick1 the backplane to the disks crached and the OS disk crashed,
this has been fixed and I have managed to recreate the raid and the lvm,
so all data on the brick is intact.
The peer is still disconnected.

How do I reconfigure brick2 to be a part of the gluster cluster again?

I assume that when you do peer probe and volume create config
data is written to the OS disk.
Guessing that gluster peer probe urd-gds-021, does not work as it is
already configured.
Do I do the following:
gluster peer detach urd-gds-021
gluster peer probe urd-gds-021
gluster volume replace-brick gds-home urd-gds-021:/brick urd-gds-021/brick

I just want to be sure before I enter any commands so I do not destroy
instead if repairing.

Many thanks in advance!!

Best regards
Marcus