[Gluster-users] keep qcow2 images in sync

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Sat Jun 29 11:26:29 UTC 2019

Hi,

i am looking for a solution to keep qcow2 images of two KVM hosts sync.
(about 20 guests, images size max 100 GB). Unfortunately, shared
storage is not available to me. My first look was on Gluster, but after
what I've read so far, there might be performance issues here. I don't
need real HA. If the first host fails, it would be sufficient for me to
manually start the KVM guests on the second host. Ultimately, I just
want to avoid having to restore the images from the nightly backup and
have a maximum "data loss" of 24 hours. Is drdb a alternative here? And
what should I pay particular attention to when setting up, split brain
etc.?

Cheers
Marcus