[Gluster-users] master volume

Wed Aug 14 22:04:35 UTC 2019

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 20:24:53 +0530
Aravinda Vishwanathapura Krishna Murthy <avishwan at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > If Master and Slave Volumes are in
> > > the same cluster then it is not so helpful when disaster happens.
> >
> > So, do I need to do something like this?:
> >
> > cluster volume name: gvol0
> > replication vol name: rep-gvol0
>
> Volume names can be kept as your convenience.

The doc is quite unclear for me as a gluster newbie. It's the old Linux
paradox: the moment that you will understand the docs is the moment
that you don't need them anymore.

Why is there a MASTER_VOL and a SLAVE_VOL? If I have a volume called
"gvol0" it seems logical to me that the geo-replication slave server
also uses this volume name "gvol0". The geo-replication server knows it
is not part of the active cluster because it was told to do so.

OTOH, I think there must be an obvious reason for this MASTER_VOL and
SLAVE_VOL, but I don't understand this from the docs.

R.

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/