[Gluster-users] [External] Seeding geo-replication slaves

Davide Obbi davide.obbi at booking.com
Wed Dec 5 09:40:50 UTC 2018

Hi,

from what i have seen you can have the target volume mounted RW and write
other files to it without breaking replication. I don't know in case the
files are the same what would happen since i haven't tested it but i guess
as per rsync it would update the files from source.

Kr

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 5:23 PM Conrad Lawes <pillage1791 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to pre-seed a glusterfs geo-repl slave?
>
> Background story:
> I am presently using rsync to mirror 3 servers.
> The source server (master) resides in the UK.  The target servers reside
> in  Canada and USA.
> The targets servers presently have 1.5TB of mirrored data.
> I want to switch from rsync mirroring to glusterfs geo-replication.
> However,  I wish to use the existing data  as the starting point instead
> of starting geo-replication from scratch.  It will take a very long time to
> re-sync 1.5TB of data over our WAN connection.
>
> Does glusterfs allow for this?

Davide Obbi
System Administrator

Booking.com B.V.
Vijzelstraat 66-80 Amsterdam 1017HL Netherlands
Direct +31207031558
[image: Booking.com] <https://www.booking.com/>
Empowering people to experience the world since 1996
43 languages, 214+ offices worldwide, 141,000+ global destinations, 29
million reported listings
Subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG)