[Gluster-users] High cpu usage when using Ganesha with gluster FSAL

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 12:21:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

Similar issue was reported in nfs-ganesha github [1]. As mentioned in
the link, there is upcall thread (actively polling in a loop) spawned
for every export which might be consuming the CPU. There are few
optimizations needed here -

* Make this behavior optional by checking existing 'clustered' config
option value. But currently this option only works for the cluster with
node-IDs defined which is not the case for Gluster. Need to fix that.

or

* Instead of continuously polling, we should define and register a
callback routine to receive the notifications from the backend cluster.
This seems optimal approach as not all the upcalls may not be tied to
the clustered configuration.

We just haven't got time to work on these aspects. Please feel free to
file the bugs against nfs-ganesha/FSAL_GLUSTER bugzilla component and
assign it to me. Will try to target it for Ganesha 2.5 release.

Thanks,
Soumya

[1] https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/nfs-ganesha/issues/124