[Gluster-infra] [Gluster-devel] Gerrit Access Control

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 08:35:59 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 12:32:42PM +0530, Nigel Babu wrote:

> > Your email needs to either be in Reviewed-By or Author in git log. So you
> > either need to send patches or review patches. Ideally, I'm looking for
> > activity on Gerrit and this is the easiest way to figure that out. Yes, I'm
> > checking across all active branches.
> >
> > As an additional bonus, this will also give us a list of people who should be
> > on the maintainers team, but aren't.
> >
> > > Interesting question. I was wondering about something similar as well.
> > > What about commits/permissions for the different repositories we host on
> > > Gerrit? Does each repository has its own maintainers, or is it one group
> > > of maintainers that has merge permissions for all repos?
> > >

> > Each repo on Gerrit seems to mostly have it's own permissions. That's
> > a sensible way to go about it. Some of them are unused a clean up is coming
> > along, but that's later.
>
> I've answered everyone's concerns on this thread. If nobody is opposed to the
> idea, shall I go ahead with this?

If you mean "removing+emailing maintainers that are not active in Gerrit
anymore", I guess that should be fine. However, before you do this, make
sure the requirements to be counted as 'active' are included in our
contributors guide. You can then easily add the link to the page in your
emails.

Niels