[Gluster-infra] Migrating Gerrit and Jenkins out of iWeb

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 10:33:22 UTC 2016

Hi Vijay.

I spoke with Michael about migrating off of iWeb.

He's already done trial runs of migrating the b.g.o and r.g.o VMs into
the community hardware we have lying around. It's easier to migrate
these VMs into the community cage, than into rackspace.

We know we can do this migration. But this migration would require a
downtime of about 8 hours for both Gerrit and Jenkins. If we can come
up with a time for this downtime, we can get the migration done by the
end of the upcoming week. One way we could do this (credit to misc)
would be to spend a day as a documentation day, when all developers
instead of developing work on getting documentation fixed up.

We also need to update Gerrit, but Michael suggested doing it after
the migration. That would possibly also require some downtime later.

In any case, what we want now is a time set for doing the migration.
Can you help us set this time?

Thanks,
Kaushal