[Gluster-infra] DOS on gluster website

Louis Zuckerman me at louiszuckerman.com
Wed Aug 20 15:47:30 UTC 2014

Limiting number of connections would make a DoS easier, not harder.  We
would want to increase the connection limits to better handle DoS.
 However, I dont think this was a DoS.  It looked to me like a brute force
to get access to the blog, probably to spam it.  I set the WP API to return
404 in varnish so that wont happen anymore.

Also worth noting, my changes last night broke the mediawiki, so this
morning I added another exclusion to bypass the cache for wiki pages (in
addition to blog pages).

regards,

-louis