[Gluster-devel] New logging interface

Xavi Hernandez xhernandez at redhat.com
Thu Mar 24 18:33:06 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I've just posted a proposal for a new logging interface here:
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/pull/3342

There are many comments and the documentation is updated in the PR itself,
so I won't duplicate all the info here. Please check it if you are
interested in the details.

As a summary, I think that the new interface is easier to use, more
powerful, more flexible and more robust.

Since it affects an interface used by every single component of Gluster I
would like to have some more feedback before deciding whether we merge it
or not. Feel free to comment here or in the PR itself.

Thank you very much,

Xavi