[Gluster-devel] Removing glupy from release 5.7

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Jun 13 12:55:22 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 2:22 AM Deepshikha Khandelwal <dkhandel at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 10:06 AM Kaleb Keithley <kkeithle at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 8:13 PM Deepshikha Khandelwal <
>> dkhandel at redhat.com> wrote:

>> We need to figure out why? BTW, my CentOS 7 box is up to date and does
>> not have any version of python3. I would have to use the SCL or EPEL to get
>> it.
>>
>> What changed on June 5th?  Between
>> https://build.gluster.org/job/centos7-regression/6309/consoleFull and
>> https://build.gluster.org/job/centos7-regression/6310/consoleFull?
>>
> Yes, you are right. OS got upgrade to newer version on 5th June. It has
> EPEL repo enabled for various other things.

What other things?  Are there not python2 versions of these things? That
work just as well as the pyton3 versions?

Adding EPEL and installing python3 on the centos boxes seems like a mistake
to me, if only because it has broken the builds there. Was there any
discussion of adding EPEL and python3 ? I don't recall seeing any.

But since EPEL was added, one possible work-around would be to do the build
in mock.

--

Kaleb