[Gluster-devel] GD2 integration - Commands

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 09:13:43 UTC 2017

Hey all,

We are continuing our development of the core of GD2, and will soon
come to the stage where we can begin integrating and developing other
commands for GD2.

As the GD2 team, we are developing and implementing the core commands
for managing Gluster. These include the basic volume management
commands and cluster management commands. To implement the other
Gluster feature commands (snapshot, geo-rep, quota, NFS, gfproxy etc.)
we will be depending on the feature maintainers.

We are not yet ready to begin full fledged implementation of the new
commands. But we can begin getting ready by designing out the various
requirements and parts of command implementation. We have prepared a
document [1] to help begin this design process. This document explains
what is involved in implementing a new command and how it will be
structured. This will help developers come up with a skeleton design
for their command, and its operation. Which will help speed up
implementation later.

We request everyone to start this process soon, so we can deliver on
target. If there are any questions, feel free to ask on this thread or
reach out to us.

Thanks.

[1]: https://github.com/gluster/glusterd2/wiki/New-Commands-Guide