[Gluster-devel] Gluster volume snapshot - Invitation to edit

sriram at marirs.net.in sriram at marirs.net.in
Fri Mar 10 12:18:01 UTC 2017

+gluster-devel.

Hi All,

This was a proposal to create a plugin layer inside snapshot to make
snapshot more flexible. Right now, snapshot is solely dependent on
"lvm", which makes it difficult for programs which would like to use
other tools like "zfs". Rajesh'd proposed a model. I'd extended the
model with changes and patches, but we'd began discussion over again
with Rajesh and Avra suggesting wait for gluster 2.0 or work with
gluter (master).

We took the latter and decided to redesign, The URL below, is the
document created by Rajesh and updated by me with the suggestions. I
wish to take this forward and bring to a completion. Just added the
story behind these mails here.

Keeping gluster-devel in loop.

Sriram

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 11:27 AM, sriram at marirs.net.in wrote:

> Hi Rajesh,

> Could you have a look at the below doc and let me know about it?

> Sriram

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017, at 12:44 PM, sriram at marirs.net.in wrote:

>> Hi Rajesh,

>> Could you have a look at the below link and let me know your
>> comments?
>>

>> Sriram

>> On Mon, Feb 20, 2017, at 11:31 AM, sriram at marirs.net.in wrote:

>>> Hi Rajesh/Avra,

>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dHij_oy8V8CF2I7WfdYqKXFTGw0SKGzGlngDBpSwSGc/edit?usp=sharing
>>>

>>> I've updated the doc with details on how we could design. Sorry
>>> about the delay, was held up at work. Could you have a look at let
>>> me know the comments?

>>> Sriram

Links:

  1. mailto:joseph.rajesh at gmail.com