[Gluster-devel] New coding standard

Jeff Darcy jeff at pl.atyp.us
Thu Jun 29 14:45:52 UTC 2017

Let's open the *big* can of worms.  :)

We have a coding standard in our source tree.  It's incredibly outdated.
 It's missing many things we actually do enforce, either through that
commit script we inappropriately borrowed from a very different project
or via code reviews.  It does contain many things we don't enforce, and
a few where we enforce the exact opposite.  Its presence in this state
is an obstacle for new contributors.  If we're going to keep it at all,
we should update it to reflect what we really expect to see when
somebody submits a patch.  I've made a start on this with the following
patch.

https://review.gluster.org/#/c/17651/

Please join in with your own comments, especially additions.