[Gluster-devel] Regression Voting Changes

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Wed Jun 21 12:35:32 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Nigel Babu <nigelb at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Amar has proposed[1] these changes in the past and I'd like to announce us
> going
> live with them as we've not received any strong feedback against it.
>
> ## Centos Regression
> * On master, we only run tests/basic as pre-merge testing.

I should have read this and Amar's email thread more carefully but
unfortunately I missed to read the above point in both the cases, so
apologies. I think running only tests/basic on master is not *sufficient*
given our goal is to have more test coverages coming from each patch and I
expect most of the patches if not all will have tests added and if we don't
run the full regression suite this eventually means we don't test the patch
on master. Also I'm not sure how reactive we are against the regression
test burn failure reports, so if things go bad and if we don't react to it
immediately it'd be difficult to get the master branch back to stable
state. I'd suggest (and request) that we should run the full regression
test suite on Centos.