[Gluster-devel] Release 3.12: Scope and calendar!
srangana at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 17:17:48 UTC 2017
Here are some top reminders for the 3.12 release:
1) When 3.12 is released 3.8 will be EOL'd, hence users are encouraged
to prepare for the same as per the calendar posted here.
2) 3.12 is a long term maintenance (LTM) release, and potentially the
last in the 3.x line of Gluster!
3) From this release onward, the feature freeze date is moved ~45 days
in advance, before the release. Hence, for this one release you will
have lesser time to get your features into the release.
- Feature freeze, or branching date: July 17th, 2017
- All feature post this date need exceptions granted to make it into
the 3.12 release
- Release date: August 30th, 2017
- <TBD> Any volunteers?
Features and major changes process in a nutshell:
1) Open a github issue
2) Refer the issue # in the commit messages of all changes against the
feature (specs, code, tests, docs, release notes) (refer to the issue as
"updates gluster/glusterfs#N" where N is the issue)
3) We will ease out release-notes updates form this release onward.
Still thinking how to get that done, but the intention is that a
contributor can update release notes before/on/after completion of the
feature and not worry about branching dates etc. IOW, you can control
when you are done, than the release dates controlling the same for you.
More information about the Gluster-devel