[Gluster-devel] Priority based ping packet for 3.10

Mohammed Rafi K C rkavunga at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 08:20:05 UTC 2017

Hi,

The patch for priority based ping packets [1] are ready to review. As
Shyam mentioned in the comment on patch set 12, it doesn't solve the
problem with network conjunction nor the disk latency. Also it won't
priorities the reply of ping packets at the server end (We don't have a
straight way to identify prognum in the reply).

So my question , Is it worth of taking the patch or do we need to think
through a more generic solutions.

Note : We could make this patch more generic so that any packets can be
marked as priority to add into the head instead of just Ping packets.

[1] : http://review.gluster.org/#/c/11935/

Regards

Rafi KC