[Gluster-devel] Checklist for Bitrot component for upstream release

FNU Raghavendra Manjunath rabhat at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 14:54:37 UTC 2016

I would recommend the following tests.

1) The tests in our regression tests
2) Creating  data set of many files (of different sizes) and then enabling
bit-rot on the volume.
3) scrubber throttling
4) Tests such as open + write + close and again open + write + close (i.e.
before the bit-rot daemon can sign the file the file is modified again)
5) Exceed the lru size of the inode table. (So that inodes are forgotten).
The next lookup of the file should properly populate all the necessary
details into the inode context.
6) Simulating the corruption by directly changing a file in the backend and
checking if its marked as bad or not. (Also access to such bad files should
give EIO)
7) Change scrubbing intervals and check if it kicks in correctly.

Kotresh,

Can you please add any other tests that should be considered?

Regards,
Raghavendra

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <pkarampu at redhat.com