[Gluster-devel] Status of block and object storage on gluster(integration with containers as well)

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 02:04:12 UTC 2016

We have been collaborating for this work using the following trello board:
https://trello.com/b/mpM8rkmK/gluster-container-storage it is open for
public

Feel free to follow/comment about things you are interested in at that
board.

Work done in the past week:
1) Prashant completed containerizing swift process
https://github.com/prashanthpai/docker-gluster-swift
2) Initial cut of design proposals for doing file snapshots is sent out at
http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-September/050836.html
3) Prasanna analysed performance difference between exposing file as block
using fuse vs gfapi and the perf results are captured at:
http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/pkalever/iozone_results_gluster/blob/master/block-store/iscsi-fuse-1/html_out/index.html

Work to be done in the next weeks:
1) Prashant wants swift to be installed from RPMs instead of source
installation in the container.
2) Complete the discussions and finalize on file snapshot design.
3) There are more perf tests that need to be done, we will be sharing the
results.

--
Pranith