[Gluster-devel] io-stats: Fix overwriting of client profile by the bricks

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Thu May 26 21:32:12 UTC 2016

> I think we need to reconsider the above change. The bug is real and
> needs a fix, but maybe we append the xlator name to the end of the
> provided filename and dump the stats into that, than unwind from the
> first instance of io-stats.

I assume you mean the first instance of io-stats that recognizes its
own name in the argument, or else the setattr might still get turned
around before it gets to where it's intended to take effect.  Another
option would be to put the desired io-stats level in the xattr name
instead of its value.  I'd use levels instead of names because names
are made up internally and not readily/safely guessable by the user.
This would require that we pattern-match on the xattr name instead
of doing a direct string comparison, but that seems easy enough.