[Gluster-devel] Report ESTALE as ENOENT

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 15:46:19 UTC 2016

Hi Raghavendra,

In [1], its mentioned that "when the inode/gfid is missing, brick report back as an ESTALE error". Could you please list the possible cases which shall result in this behavior. If it occurs only when the file/dir is not actually present at the back-end, shouldn't we fix the server to send ENOENT then?

Thanks,
Soumya