[Gluster-devel] quota.t hangs on NetBSD machines

Raghavendra Gowdappa rgowdapp at redhat.com
Wed Jan 6 05:18:25 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Emmanuel Dreyfus" <manu at netbsd.org>

No, its not a portability issue. It should have occurred at similar probability on Linux machines too. Does Linux issue frequent fsyncs compared to NetBsd? The only thing that could've made a difference is an fsync from kernel to Glusterfs. If there is an fsync after hung write, that would've unwound the write call. Application cannot do it as it is hung in write call. I am wondering whether kernel could've triggered an fsync. But, I myself is not convinced by this explanation. Lets wait till the test results are available so that at least we are sure of RCA.